Hail to the Mama Dolly

Im fat and cute.

Monday, May 16, 2005

perverse nursery rhymes I

im sure u would think one's childhood is supposed to be made up of happiness, innocence and cuteness?
im sure everyone would want their child to be happy.

but we are (sadly) surrounded by some nursery rhymes or children stories that are oh-not-so-innocent-as-it-seems.
i will find more of these to talk about. today we'll just do one.....

Jack and Jill went up the hill
to fetch a pail of water.
Jack fell down and broke his crown
and Jill came tumbling after

innocent enough for u?

well let me explain.....
Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water <-- this is ok.

Jack fell down <-- ouch?

and broke his crown <-- crown = head.
  1. The top or highest part of the head.
  2. The head itself
and Jill came tumbling after <-- double the tragedy?

so what? is this kid being read to or reading the rhyme supposed to:

1. laugh at the misfortunes of the two clumsy kids? which is MEAN isnt it?

2. cry at the fact that a kid broke his poor head >insert graphic image of bloody skulls and brains spilling out< and his poor companion?

either way, the rhyme sticks in this poor kid's head (no pun intended) and for the rest of his life, he will be traumatised that adults actually trivialise the injuries of poor clumsy kids.

OR

he will think breaking a neck or head doesnt really matter, what.
so fun, tomorrow i also want to go up the hill and purposely fall and break my head. and i shall take my little sister with me. hor?

2 Comments:

  • At 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God of abraham, issac n israel gave me a gift in the form of one kude fat litter pig dat i love deerli....

     
  • At 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i didnt go after u - u wen after me
    im a bamama... dont ask me to speak MANDARIN! says:
    NO WAY
    u didnt kwis me 2day says:
    u wen chasink after n before me
    im a bamama... dont ask me to speak MANDARIN! says:
    NO
    u didnt kwis me 2day says:
    i try 2 avoid u
    u didnt kwis me 2day says:
    to no avail
    im a bamama... dont ask me to speak MANDARIN! says:
    u can avoid now
    u didnt kwis me 2day says:
    left go right go...u still chasink me
    im a bamama... dont ask me to speak MANDARIN! says:
    k bye
    u didnt kwis me 2day says:
    so in the end....i just gave up n surendered 2 u

     

Post a Comment

<< Home